The most common questions that Nigerian youths ask when planning to study in Dubai is how to apply for Dubai student Visa from Nigeria. Many Nigerian youths want to study in Dubai but are unsure how to go about it. Furthermore, many people are already aware of the process but require additional information.
This article will answer your question about how to apply for a Dubai Student Visa from Nigeria in simple English.
Is Dubai a Good Option?
Dubai has established itself as a global city and business hub. Despite the fact that Dubai’s economy was built on the oil industry, the emirate’s business model drives its economy. Its main sources of revenue are now tourism, real estate, and financial services, as in Western countries.
Education in Dubai is regarded as among the best in the world. Dubai, one of the most captivating cities in the Middle East, leads the region in culture, tourism, and shopping, attracting visitors from all over the world.
The ease of obtaining a visa is the primary reason that entices students to study at the Dubai campus of International Universities. The visa application process for students is straightforward. You will benefit from studying in Dubai because it is a technologically advanced city with a strong emphasis on innovation, creating an environment conducive to experimental learning, creative thinking, and independent action.
To summarize, if you are still unsure whether Dubai is a good place for you to study, put your doubts aside. You made the correct decision.
Applying for a Student Visa in Dubai
Applying for a student visa in the UK requires you to pass the IELTS test, whereas applying for a student visa to study in France or Germany can be stressful.
However, there are some benefits to studying in Dubai. I’ll just list a few of them below before discussing the requirements and documents you’ll need to apply for a Dubai student visa from Nigeria.
The Benefits of Studying in Dubai
The following are some of the advantages you will have as an international student if you choose to study in Dubai. Here are some advantages:
- Dubai is one of the best places to study in the world. Universities in Dubai welcome international students, and the visa process is simple.
- All of Dubai’s universities are located in Dubai Knowledge Village.
- Students can interact with people from other countries’ cultures.
- Almost all universities in Dubai offer English language courses. There is no form of discrimination.
- Without IELTS or TOEFL, you can study in Dubai.
- Most universities in Dubai have very high world rankings.
Let me tell you a fascinating story. Why, while other countries will make sure you agree to return after studying, Dubai will not.
Here’s the truth:
As an International Student, you cannot work and study in Dubai at the same time. After graduation, students can work in the UAE and earn a tax-free salary.
Student Visa for Dubai
The university to which you are applying in the UAE will help you obtain a student visa. When the university sends you an offer letter for the program/course you applied for and you accept it, they will begin the Visa application process. The visa is usually valid for a year and must be renewed every year during the course of your studies. A refundable visa deposit may be required by some universities, colleges, and institutions. Visa processing typically takes 2 to 5 weeks.
Student Visa Requirements in Dubai
You will need the following documents to process your student visa. If a document is missing or you are dishonest in filling out any of the forms, the officials may reject your application. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Your valid e-passport must be at least six months old and have at least six months of validity, with two blank visa pages.
- You should be completely honest when filling out the form and not try to be clever.
- Account statements This is critical for the consulate to ensure that you have the financial means to sponsor yourself.
- Reservation of a hotel.
- Photocopy of a confirmed Emirates or Fly Dubai airline ticket.
- Colored photo page and bio page, as well as the profession page, expiry date, and any other special endorsement page.
- One passport photograph in color with a white background (Size 4.3 cms x 5.5 cms, indicate full name on the reverse side of the photo & PPT No).
- Previous passports (as proof of your previous travel history).
- Proof that your visa processing fee has been paid.
- Additional Dubai Student Visa Requirements.
- 4 e-Passport duplicates.
- 12 passport pictures.
- 3 e-passport copies with UAE entry visa upon arrival.
- Acceptance letter from a UAE tertiary institute (offer letter).
- Bank statements demonstrating evidence of funds in the UAE.
- A tenancy agreement is possible (or letter from university if staying in university accommodation).
- A copy of the tuition fee receipt for the current academic year.
- Copy of visa fee receipt for the current academic year.
- Post-graduate students must have their undergraduate degrees attested.
- Medical and security screenings.
People from all over the world feel at ease in Dubai because of the sense of familiarity they experience. You will come across people who speak your native language. Enter a grocery store and look for your favorite food. Make new friends from backgrounds that are vastly different from yours. Dubai’s cosmopolitan vibe caters to global fashion and trends.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.