I need to know these little-known facts about kids with special needs before I can inform you about the best scholarships for students with disabilities.
- 15% of the world’s population, or more than one billion individuals, are disabled. This covers both the mental and physical.
- Out of 198 nations, over 45 have anti-discrimination laws in place to safeguard people with special needs who are children or adults.
- ADHD and learning disabilities are genetically inherited conditions.
- The prevalence of disabilities is higher in nations with lower incomes. Vulnerable people are disproportionately impacted by disability.
- Those with impairments are less likely to attend school than children without, according to the WHO.
There are a number of scholarships accessible and created just for you if you are a student who has done all possible to further your education:
NSP Pre-Matric Scholarship for Disabled Students
Differently abled students are encouraged to apply for scholarships by the Government of India’s Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. specifically created to support their livelihood and get students in classes 9 and 10 ready for the real world. This is done specifically so that kids who are physically challenged might obtain a respectable place in society and qualify for fulfilling careers.
NSP Pre-Matric Scholarship Eligibility
For consideration for this award, you must:
- Being a full-time student registered in either class 9 or class 10 at an accredited institution.
- Possess a disability of at least 40% and be able to substantiate this claim.
- Belong to a household with a middle-low income.
- Preferably with an annual salary less 2.50 lakhs.
Benefits and Value of NSP Matric Scholarship
Through this scholarship, 25,000 renewable grants are given out each year. This scholarship is one of the best ones available to students with disabilities, and each one is worth the following:
- for a period of 12 months, a maintenance allowance of INR 800 every month (for hostellers)
- Day students will receive a maintenance allowance of 500 INR each month for a 12-month term.
- A $1,000 annual book stipend is given.
disability benefits for:
- INR 4,000 per year for blind people
- INR 2,000 per year for people who are deaf
- 2,000 INR per year for physically handicapped
- INR 4,000 annually for people with intellectual disabilities
- INR 2,000 for any other kind of disability.
International Gilman Scholarships for Disabled Students
Available to US Graduates Grants are available, and international exchange programs are mediated by the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program. With the help of this grant, students with little or restricted financial means can pursue academic studies or internships across all subject areas. The Gilman scholarship is available to students with impairments, such as those who are blind or have impaired vision, have learning or attention disorders, or have other long-term medical conditions.
Given that America has welcomed overseas students to study there, finding scholarships to do so is simple.
Obtaining a Gilman Scholarship
For this scholarship to be available to you, you must:
- already be enrolled in a study abroad program or internship that has been approved by the US-based higher education institution.
- Spend at least 21 days studying abroad (3 weeks).
- You may also be eligible if you want to study abroad but only spend three weeks in a single nation.
- Intern or study abroad everywhere but Cuba.
- For the summer and beyond, complete and submit the online application.
- Study the art of crafting a statement of purpose, and limit it to 7,000 words (single spaced).
- Additionally, a 3,000 word (maximum) thesis proposal is acceptable.
The Worth of Gilman International Scholarships for Disabled Students
Each year, more than 32,000 US citizens who have graduated from high school can apply for $5,000 Gilman Scholarships to study abroad. The length of the study, the caliber of the application, and the need for financial help all affect the award’s worth. For full-time courses, an average of $4,000 is made available, while $2,500 is made available for quick courses.
For Young Professionals, NHFDC Scheme
This initiative for young people with disabilities who have a professional education has been created by the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation. The main goal of this program is to assist students in developing self-confidence via professional experience and making the best use of their prior knowledge and expertise.
eligibility for the NHFDC program:
- In order to be qualified for this program, you must:
- between the ages of 18 and 45, with a disability
- possess a professional degree from a university with accreditation.
Aim to work in or possess experience in the following industries:
- Hardware/Motor Vehicle
- Hotel Administration
- Tourism and Culture
- Music and the Arts
- The Humanities
- Enterprise and Business
Value of the NHFDC Program:
The maximum loan amount for NHFDC Scholars is 25 lakhs, at an interest rate of 4-8 percent. Interest rates are based on your need for money and the validity of your application.
MIUSA Scholarships for Disabled Students
Numerous US organizations, including colleges and universities, associations, businesses, and towns, provide MIUSA Scholarships. To improve disability rights and opportunities, Mobility International USA (MIUSA), a non-profit organization led by people with disabilities, was founded. The organization supports student exchanges between nations for academic and career growth.
Your financial need, accomplishments, merit, background, and/or affiliations (such as religion, disability ethnicity, etc.) all play a significant role in determining your candidacy for scholarships for students with disabilities.
What is covered by MIUSA Scholarships for Disabled Students?
You can use this scholarship to assist pay for your tuition, school costs, supplies for your classes, health insurance, rent, and travel. Some scholarships will be paid exclusively for tuition and fees and sent straight to your U.S. school. Others come with cashable checks that you can cash.